Sales & Marketing Intern,Johannesburg,Cummins South Africa
Cummins South Africa has been a distributor since 1946 and became a wholly-owned subsidiary in 2000. Today there are more than 400 employees working in Cummins South Africa entities.
Cummins SA is headquartered in Kelvin, Johannesburg but also has branch locations in Alrode, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, Richards Bay and Port Elizabeth. With the vast expansion and development in Africa, Cummins SA was awarded regional responsibility in 2001 and has subsidiary companies in Botswana (Gaborone), Zambia (Ndola) and Zimbabwe (Harare). To further strengthen market support and regional presence, Cummins has approved dealers in Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Swaziland and Zambia.
Cummins’ activities include parts warehousing and distribution, engineering and technical groups, and sales and marketing operations. These operations and functions support market leadership in the diesel business through the South African region.
Depending on which department you are placed at, responsibilities will range between the following:
· Develop technical expertise as it relates to Cummins Products and Applications
· Develop good target customer knowledge and build key relationships.
· Understand competitive landscape.
· Understand and develop sound knowledge of mine contract processes procedures, contractual content and KPI and resultant rings of growth.
· Track and manage the A&P budget.
· Assist with the compilation and distribution of monthly sales analysis reports.
· Dispatch and track customer communications. Keep customer database up to date.
· Run weekly Siebel reports
· Sales Analysis and reporting.
· Coordination of our Extended Coverage Program
· Collect and edit newsworthy stories for the monthly ABO Newsletter.
· Manage, order, dispatch and replenish promotional items
· Ensure distribution of Marketing collateral to customers throughout Africa.
· Market Research involvement
· Raising purchasing order, assisting the marketing team, supply engagement and corporate clothing management.
· To support distribution and marketing initiatives
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Strategy, Communications, or related field.
Relevant experience a plus
To read more and to apply Click here